BUT I'M AFRAID TO TRY ACUPUNCTURE - I HATE NEEDLES!
Boulder Family Acupuncture - Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine for the Whole Family
Acu-Blog

BUT I'M AFRAID TO TRY ACUPUNCTURE - I HATE NEEDLES!

If I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me...  I mean, no one has ever come in to our office saying that they wanted to try acupuncture because they LOVE needles (aside from a couple of piercings addicts).  Needles have been given a bad rap - injections, blood draws, vaccinations, piercings... none of those are exactly comfortable.  But acupuncture needles are incredibly different.  First, they are not hollow like injection tools.  Those syringes are made for cutting through the skin, through a vein, and for withdrawing or administering fluids at a moderate rate of flow, necessitating a beveled edge and greater girth... Acupuncture needles are skinny.  Like width-of-a-human-hair skinny!  Their tips are ROUNDED, not for cutting, but for gently moving aside tissue.  Most people feel either nothing at all, or a very slight pinch as an acupuncture needle moves through the 1st layers of skin - which contain the most nerve endings.  After the initial insertion, the practitioner either leaves the needle alone, or further adjusts until the patient feels a dull, achy, heavy, (and often pleasant) sensation of the "qi".  This sensation has been studied lately using functional MRI's in the lab, and has been found to elicit reactions from the brain such as triggering the secretion of healing chemistry in the body (including endorphins and other analgesic compounds).  And then the RELAXTION sets in...  Most people find acupuncture very relaxing, even sedating, and at least half fall asleep during the course of the treatment.  Hence, we have coined the phrase, "acu-nap."

In addition, acupuncture treatments include a massage component, herbal medicine prescriptions, cupping, and various other needle-free modalities.  We treat infants, toddlers, children and teens too.  So our technique needs to be gentle and painless where required.  Just let the practitioner know that you are feeling apprehensive.  We make it a point (pardon the pun) to afford our patients at least some degree of relaxation and positive sensations to go along with their healing and pain relief!

10 Comments to BUT I'M AFRAID TO TRY ACUPUNCTURE - I HATE NEEDLES!:

Comments RSS
Kahoot on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 3:29 AM
I still regularly use this measure when tired
Reply to comment

rushessay on Friday, June 15, 2018 3:04 AM
I am tired at work and is finding ways to be relaxed. I tried acupuncture and got the best out of it. At first, I am afraid of it because of the needles, but after I read this blog, I got more idea of it and decided to try it. One word that I will describe it, "heaven". Not only that, the relaxing feeling lingers for a long time.

cheap longchamp on Monday, December 26, 2016 8:42 PM
Reply to comment

asignment help on Friday, March 17, 2017 3:16 AM
This boulderfamilyacupuncture blog has been sharing and updating wonderful points always with this site. Thanks for sharing about I am afraid to try a acupuncture I hate needles,keep it up.
Reply to comment

Spencer Meekin on Friday, July 28, 2017 7:11 AM
Reply to comment

Long on Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:16 PM
Hello, it's miles top notch and helpful web site. hold forming the fabulous capacity, top notch to find your astute net site. Much obliged for wonderful and Informative submit. This article is sincerely conveys part more noteworthy data about This topic
Reply to comment

one hour translation on Monday, December 04, 2017 2:48 AM
I am not afraid of needles, I just don't really believe that acupuncture can heal anything. And if you don't believe in the treatment - it will never work.
Reply to comment

Clark on Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:32 AM
Like you many people have a fear of needles and acupuncture treatment will help to get relaxed.There are many ways to write my essay paper about the benefits of performing acupuncture.
Reply to comment

do my assignment for me on Friday, March 23, 2018 10:59 PM
Great blog! i actually love however it's straightforward on my eyes and therefore the info area unit well written. i'm curious however i'd be notified whenever a brand new post has been created.
Reply to comment

dissertation writing services on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:05 AM
If you are not having experience about such things you should be taking decisions that are meant to be new. I do like to say that you are having good idea but in the end it is good to take advice from experts.
Reply to comment